What’s on around town
• Rozelle’s charming new French bistro Chez Blue opens next Thursday November 16 – and Broadsheet Access members can get an exclusive sneak peek the night before. Expect champagne and a three-course menu from an ex-Bistro Moncur chef.
• Kittyhawk, one of the CBD’s best cocktail bars, has just launched its most ambitious cocktail menu yet. There are 15 new numbers to try – we say go for the Low Yo-Yo, mixing pickled watermelon, bourbon, ginger and amer picon.
• Surry Hills Italian spot Fauna has added $10 Tomahawks and Margaritas to the menu – but you can only get them Tuesday nights. See you there?
Save 20% when you buy two or more Broadsheet books. Order now to make sure they arrive in time for Christmas.SHOP NOW
• Until the end of December, Double Bay Italian joint Matteo and its sibling Downtown have teamed up with Bailey’s for a dedicated tiramisu menu. Roll in for a Tira-Martini cocktail, a Baileys Tiramisu delice, and a tiramisu cake delivered on the dessert cart.
• Fishbowl in Rosebery is welcoming the new Kosta’s Takeaway to the neighbourhood with an all-out katsu box today. Get the lunchtime saviour – Kosta's signature chicken katsu with sushi vice, slaw, Fishbowl’s VIP sauce and fermented chilli, slaw and sushi rice – for $11.90. Available from 11am until sold out.
• In more Rosebery news, Three Blue Ducks is putting restaurant steak prices on the butcher’s block at its new Wednesday-night series. Come for premium cuts including a rib eye and chateaubriand at butcher's prices – leaving you to go hard on the sides. (The triple-cooked chips and roast-cauliflower cheese are non-negotiables.)
• Every Wednesday from 4pm, Surry Hills Italian Mille Vini is putting on a set menu and live jazz. The $49 meal brings snacky bits to start (like salami and artichoke ala Romana) plus mussels, a pasta and dessert. Music starts at 6pm.
This week on Around Town we hear about the new Italian izakaya from an ex-Cho Cho San chef, and we take a dive into the Martini love affair gripping the drinks scene right now. Plus, chocolatier Kirsten Tibballs chats her new cookbook and a chocolate-y collaboration, and we get a look at A Emery’s debut apparel collection.