• Sustainability-focused Eveleigh bar Re- has launched aperitivo hour from Tuesday to Friday. Get $12 bellinis and $8 small plates (like salami and pickles, hummus toast, and yakitori chicken skewers) from 4pm to 6pm.
• Surry Hills favourite the Shakespeare Hotel is up for sale for the first time in 45 years.
• Shell House’s ground-floor bistro Menzies Bar is delivering a second 12-week run of The Hits, its $25 lunchtime pasta menu. Head in for a new bowl each week – inky tagliolini with cuttlefish one week, cacio e pepe bucatini or lobster ravioli the next.
Save 20% when you buy two or more Broadsheet books. Order now to make sure they arrive in time for Christmas.SHOP NOW
• It’s Truffle Week at Hearthe, the Stanmore bakery from Black Star Pastry founder Christopher Thé. Until Sunday August 20, you can sample a truffle-berchamel-laden toastie, waffles with truffle caramel, hazelnut dacquoise with a truffle quenelle, and more.
• If you’re in Marrickville, head to White Rabbit for a truffled croissant made in collaboration with Son of a Baker. Freshly grated truffles are added to the limited-edition viennoiserie during the lamination process – and it’s available this weekend only.
• Moody CBD bar Spice Trader, inside the heritage-listed Porter House Hotel, is teaming up with Disaronno to spruce up your Thursdays. On Thursday nights throughout August, between 7pm and 9pm, sip from a tight new cocktail menu spotlighting the sweet almond liqueur, while DJ Alice Q is on the decks.
• There are only two weeks left to dine on Port Stephens lobster at waterfront Woolloomooloo restaurant Manta. Available for lunch or dinner, the meal is $140 for two, with half the catch grilled and served alongside truffle fries, and the other half stirred through ribbons of mafalda with dashi, ginger and tomato.
• Barangaroo fine diner A’Mare has transformed its bar area into a relaxed osteria, A’Mare Cucinetta. Expect Campari spritzes, gnocco fritto and hearty mains in the beloved harbourfront digs.
• A father-and-son winemaking duo has opened homely wine bar Frankie & Mo’s in Blackheath. Head to the Blue Mountains locale and take your pick from more than 150 drops alongside a veggie-forward menu.