Spots are filling up fast for the two biggest events on the Broadsheet Access calendar in November. There’s a preview dinner at Sydney’s newest French restaurant – the night before its official opening – with reimagined niçoise, lamb saddle, lemon tart and other twists on bistro classics. Or you could be heading to the Art Gallery of NSW for a private tour of its major new exhibition on opening week, where you’ll escape the crowds entirely.
There are also plenty of chances to win money-can’t-buy experiences and getaways. And you could score free tickets to one of the best new films to hit theaters this month.
• Book: join us for an Editors’ Preview night at Chez Blue, a new French bistro within beloved inner west pub The Sackville. It’s opening exclusively to Access on November 15, meaning members will be the very first to try the menu. Plus, hear from head chef James Williamson (ex-Bistro Moncur) and Broadsheet Sydney food and drink editor Grace MacKenzie over a casual Q&A.
• Book: tickets to our private, after-hours tour of the Art Gallery of NSW’s summer blockbuster exhibition Kandinsky are almost gone. Secure your spot for a curator-led tour, including a Q&A, bubbles and canapes.
• Tickets: this Thursday at 4pm, we’re giving away free tickets to see mesmerising new thriller Foe starring Academy Award nominees Saoirse Ronan and Paul Mescal. First in, best dressed.
• Save: Booktopia rarely offers sitewide discounts but members can exclusively save 10 per cent on a range of books and more. We’ve got our eyes on Trent Dalton’s new novel Lola in the Mirror and signed copy of the Ester cookbook.
• Last chance to win: members can go into the draw to win four opening night tickets to the Australian Ballet’s new double bill *The Dream/Marguerite and Armand * at the Sydney Opera House, plus dinner and drinks. Closes Wednesday.
• Last chance to win: Access is also giving away a weekend stay for two at Cabn’s picturesque tiny house in the Barossa Valley. Also included: a winery tasting day and a long lunch with matched wines. It’s valued at more than $2600. Closes Thursday.
|Broadsheet Access is a membership program with exclusive events, offers and restaurant reservations. Join today for less than the price of a Martini each month.|