Broadsheet is launching a new restaurant, but unlike our previous diners in Melbourne and Sydney, we need you to cook in this one.
The Broadsheet Kitchen, located in Melbourne, will be an incubator for boundary pushing food concepts and talent, with four different people receiving a three-month residency each over a 12-month period, voted in by a panel of judges that represent the very best in Australian dining.
The Broadsheet Kitchen will be the scaffold for four winners’ own restaurant visions, as well as a vehicle to connect with some of the country’s leading industry professionals.
Gift them their favourite dining experience. The Broadsheet Gift Card can be used at thousands of restaurants around the country.SHOP NOW
We’re looking for Australia’s most ambitious new food talent – those with bold ideas who want to be part of the future and innovation of Australian dining.
Chefs, bartenders, baristas, sommeliers, front-of-house staff, restaurateurs, entrepreneurs and dining devotees: anyone who’s ever dreamt about getting a venue concept off the ground and making an imprint on the country’s restaurant landscape – now’s your chance.
To enter, submit five example menu items, a mood board of image references that help us visualise your concept, and a 300 to 500 word description of your restaurant concept, taking care to explain:
• Your vision for a complete restaurant, not just the menu
• Why it’s a commercially sustainable concept
• Why it will play a role in the future of Australia’s dining scene
• The direction of the menu
• The wine and drinks offering
• The style of service
• The target audience
• The design ethos, and ambience and environment
You can see more on the judging criteria here.
If you’re one of the four successful candidates, you’ll win:
• A three-month residency at the Broadsheet Kitchen
• The chance to work under the operational guidance of industry leaders
• Mentorship from leaders in hospitality, branding and business, which are specific to your concept
• A brand identity created for your concept
• Broadsheet coverage throughout the residency
• The opportunity to be introduced to potential restaurant investors
Update: Entries are now closed. Watch this space.
To receive updates on the Broadsheet Kitchen, subscribe here.