Broadsheet is opening a restaurant. Actually, we’re opening four.
The Broadsheet Kitchen will host four different residencies over 12 months, beginning later this year. The restaurant will not only provide a platform for some of Australia’s most exciting new food talent, it will give each one the tools and mentorship to create a business that lasts.
To be a restaurateur means to be a specialist not only in food but customer service, marketing, bookkeeping, design, human resources and more. But few get exposure to this side of the restaurant business before they begin.
Enter the Broadsheet Kitchen. Enter, you.
Are you an aspiring chef or operator with a restaurant concept you’ve been dying to get off the ground for as long as you can remember? Do you have a bold, boundary-pushing vision for the future of Australian dining? Is innovation at the heart of your desire to make a career in hospitality?
Candidates will pitch their ideas to a panel of judges (more on them to come) who represent the very best of Australian dining culture.
Entries are now open. Here’s an outline of the competition.
JUDGING CRITERIA AND PROCESS
• A vision for a restaurant, not just a menu
• Ambition to build a leading Australian restaurant
• A concept that pushes the Australian dining landscape forward
When reviewing entries our judges will be looking at:
• Your vision
• The food
• The experience
• How innovative your concept is and how it impacts on the future of dining
• The concept’s personality
• How groundbreaking the concept is and whether or not it pushes the envelope
• Practicality/commercial sustainability
Final candidates will win:
• A three-month residency at the Broadsheet Kitchen
• Working under the operational guidance of industry leaders
• Mentorship from leaders in hospitality, branding and business, which are specific to winner’s concept
• A brand identity created for your concept
• Broadsheet coverage throughout the residency
• The opportunity to be introduced to potential restaurant investors
To receive updates on the Broadsheet Kitchen, subscribe here.