The information on this page is relevant to independent freelancers and potential interns only. If you are a business owner, marketing executive or publicist keen to have your restaurant, business or product featured on Broadsheet, please visit this page instead. Press releases sent to any of the email addresses listed below will be disregarded.
We take great pride in our imagery at Broadsheet. We’re always looking for talented photographers to capture the city’s spirit. Shoots could involve new cafes, restaurants and shops; art exhibitions; events and festivals; or portraits.
Apply to photography editor Evie Baker at email@example.com and make sure to include:
• A link to your portfolio, or samples of your work
• Your Instagram handle
• The city and suburb you’re based in
• Please make sure your subject line reads "Photographer Application" exactly
Send pitches to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each pitch should outline: your story idea; your angle on it; why you think it will work for Broadsheet's audience; your potential interview subjects; and how quickly you could turn it around. Pitches should be no more than 200 words. Please include a link to your portfolio, or samples of your work.
Broadsheet Melbourne runs an editorial internship program at our office in Fitzroy. Applicants must currently be enrolled at university and the internship must contribute to course credits. We do not accept any other type of intern. If you'd like to work with a small team and gain an insight into industry-leading digital media, we'd love to hear from you. Our internships are run part-time, one to two days per week, for a total of 12 weeks.
Apply to Broadsheet’s people and culture manager, Charlotte Miller, at email@example.com and make sure to include:
• A short letter of introduction, including the course you're enrolled in.
• Your resume.
• One or two relevant writing samples.
• Two brief news or feature pitches, and an explanation of why they would be a good fit for Broadsheet.
• One pitch for an existing cafe, restaurant, bar or shop we haven’t covered yet.
• Your availability.