It’s Sunday morning, you’re enveloped in a mountain of doona, enjoying the last moments of sleep and debating the age-old Sunday morning dilemma: stay in your PJs and enjoy breakfast in bed, or venture out into the world for a chef-made meal? We say stay in your PJs and whip up this simple and tasty dish from Common Galaxia’s new spring menu: whole baked apple with fig and walnut stuffing, served with Full of Grace granola and yoghurt.
All the ingredients you need are readily available at your local market or food store and, better still, you’ll probably already have most of them in your cupboard.
Common Galaxia use Full of Grace granola for its ginger and date flavours – you can pick up a box at either Common Galaxia or Deadman Espresso, or substitute with a granola of your choice.
However, if the idea of facing the oven on Sunday morning isn’t your caper, head down to Common Galaxia and have the lady herself make it for you.
Whole baked apple with wild fig and walnut stuffing, served with Full of Grace granola and yoghurt.
• 6 granny smith apples
• 1 cup roasted chopped walnuts
• 1/2 cup roasted chopped pistachios
• 2 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp ground cloves
• 3/4 cup warm Melbourne Rooftop Honey
• 3/4 cup figs
• Full of Grace granola
- Blend walnuts, pistachios, figs, cinnamon and cloves with 2 tbsp of honey
- Core apples and pack stuffing mix into the apples
- Pour remaining honey over apples and bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes at 180 degrees
To serve, place apple on plate with granola and yogurt, drizzle with extra honey.
• Tip: put a spoonful of honey beneath the apple to keep in place on the plate