• Northcote’s new local, Low Key, is true to its name. It’s froths and no fuss, every day of the week at this new bar on High Street.
• Bonehead Brewing is the latest addition to Melbourne’s growing brewpub scene, with pink beer and a personality all its own.
• Thirty-five workers claim they are owed more than $70,000 from Doughnut Time.
• Two Andrew McConnell group alums and a former Tonka and Coda sommelier have taken over the Carlton Wine Room.
• Ever heard of momos? They’re Nepalese dumplings. And they’re coming to Coburg Velodrome in March for Momo Fest 2018.
• After the success of last year’s inaugural Mould cheese festival, the event returns in 2018 with 80 cheeses by 20 producers.
• After a fire in 2015, The Albion in South Melbourne has reopened with a rooftop bar, cocktails and a 5am licence.
• All-day diner Turning Point has replaced Ripponlea’s Hawk and Hunter. The team behind Short Straw and Collective Espresso are behind the new venue.
For Melbourne’s latest, subscribe to the Broadsheet newsletter.