• Inside an old bank in the west there's a new cafe by day and cooking school by night. All the equipment you'll need to put your new cooking skills to work in your own home is for sale, too.
• Joseph Abboud (Rumi, Moor’s Head), Ari Vlassopoulos (ex-Pei Modern) and Rumi head chef Tom Sarafian are opening Middle Eastern restaurant Bar Saracen in the CBD.
• Fury & Son has opened a classic brewpub in Keilor, filled with handmade wood tables in a spacious industrial warehouse.
• We got a first peek at the spectacular 20-species diorama installation at Morgan McGlone’s new CBD restaurant Natural History. Take a look.
• Durian, lychee and Turkish delight: it's uncommon flavours, frozen, at the newly opened Beku Gelato on Lygon Street.
For Melbourne’s latest, subscribe to the Broadsheet newsletter.