• The first Beechworth Honey store has opened with 40-odd honey varieties produced this season, in a space made almost entirely from timber.
• Australia’s Detpak has teamed up with America’s Smart Planet Technologies to create a takeaway coffee cup they say is the first that can go into the existing paper-recycling stream.
• Queen Vic Market’s Winter Night Market has been extended into October due to record-breaking numbers so far this year.
• Pitmaster Al Malel opened his Bluestone American BBQ in Coburg last month. But credit also goes to the company workhorse – a one-tonne wrought-iron reverse-flow smoker.
• The team from San Telmo and Pastuso has brought Peruvian-style rotisserie chicken, Argentinian empanadas and dulce de leche soft serve to Fitzroy.
• Mr Miyagi has opened a takeaway shop in Windsor. Anyone for sushi fries?
• The Tankerville Hotel in Fitzroy will soon be for sale. Do you have $20 million for it?
• Don’t own a house? Have a rental agreement? Head to Brunswick cafe Lux Foundry from September 4 to 8 for a side of free smashed avo.
• Northcote’s Mesob Ethiopian Restaurant is opening a bar next door.
For Melbourne’s latest, subscribe to the Broadsheet newsletter.