"At Rue & Co it's not just about St ALi; we're really showcasing the producers, the people and the suppliers who put in the hard work and provide us with such great produce to deliver on the plates and into the mouths of customers." – Andy Gale.
500g lamb mince
100g lamb fat, minced
50ml olive oil
2 diced onions
2 cloves of garlic
2 level tbsp sweet paprika
1 level tbsp ground fennel
1 level tbsp ground cumin
1 level tbsp ground coriander
1 level tsp ground cinnamon
1 level tsp ground cayenne pepper
- Cook onion and garlic with a little oil on a low heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add all the spices; cook for one minute on high heat.
- Add 100ml water and reduce (this will help to cook out spice without burning).
- Set aside to cool.
- When cool, mix with the lamb mince and lamb fat. Knead well for five minutes by hand.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Leave to rest for one hour then shape in to 100g burgers.
- Cook on a pan or grill, rare or well-done to taste.
To learn more about cooking in small spaces with Rue & Co click here