“I chose our kimchi stew, because it’s awesome. Going into a Melbourne winter it’s really nice to have something that’s comforting, but also quite challenging, palate wise.” – Benjamin Cooper.
320g cabbage kimchi (120g blended)
450g master stock braised beef, cubed in 1.5cm cubes
250g sweet potato, cubed in 1.5cm cubes
600ml brown chicken stock
100ml canola oil
200ml healthy boy light soy
75ml kimchi juice (from the strained-off kimchi)
- Heat a heavy-based saucepan, add oil and half the blended kimchi. Saute until fragrant.
- Meanwhile, roast sweet potato at 220 degrees for 10 mins so that it’s caramelised but not cooked through.
- Add stock to the saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Add the sweet potato and beef. Simmer until potato is cooked through.
- Add the remaining kimchi.
- Season with the mirin and soy.
To learn more about cooking in small spaces with Rue & Co click here.