1 cup freekah
100g green lentils
1tsp cumin seeds
280g natural Greek-style yoghurt
2tbsp pumpkin seeds
2tbsp slivered almonds
2tbsp pine nuts
1 cup coriander leaves
1 cup flat-leaf parsley
½ red onion, finely chopped
2tbsp salted baby capers, rinsed
Juice of 1 lemon
60ml extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cook freekah and drain, rinse and cool.
- Cook lentils, drain rinse and cool.
- Lightly toast cumin seeds until fragrant, then grind in mortar and pestle.
- Mix together yoghurt, honey and cumin until combined. Cover and set aside in the fridge.
- Place pumpkin seeds, almonds and pine nuts in a saucepan and toast lightly, remove and set aside.
- Wash the coriander, parsley, then drain well and spin in a salad spinner, roughly chop and set aside.
- Place the pumpkin seeds, almonds, pine nuts, parsley, coriander, onion, capers, currents, lemon juice, olive oil, freekah and lentils in a bowl, then season to taste.
- Mix well, top with the cumin yoghurt and serve.
To learn more about cooking in small spaces with Rue & Co click here