From 11.59pm on Thursday July 15, Victoria enters a five-day state-wide lockdown.
That means people are only allowed to leave their home for five permitted reasons:
• Shopping for food or other essential items (one person per household);
• Exercise, but only for two hours a day;
• Authorised work and education, if you can’t work or study from home;
• Medical care or caregiving;
• To get tested or vaccinated.
Masks are mandatory everywhere, both indoors and outdoors, when not in your home. Exercise and shopping are all limited to a five-kilometre radius from your home.
One option is to plug each proposed destination into Google Maps to see how far away it is. But there are also online tools that let you map a circle around your home.
For example, the website KM From Home lets you plug in your address so you can see clearly which areas, amenities and exercise buddies are within five kilometres.
It also lets you drop a pin for a friend’s address to see where your two circles overlap so you can take a walk or workout together (at a safe distance).
For when you’re on the move, the RonaRadius app also lets you plug in your address, then add a destination to see if it’s close enough to visit.