A raft of restrictions will ease on Monday December 14, Premier Steven Marshall announced in a press conference today. From next week:
• Standup consumption in licensed premises will be allowed
• Play gyms will reopen
• The cap on home gatherings will increase from 10 to 50
• The cap on private functions in other venues will increase to 200
• Capacity in cinemas and theatre will increase from 50-per-cent to 75-per-cent (when wearing masks indoors)
• Gym density will increase from one-per-four-square-metres to one-per-two-square-metres
• Caps on wedding and funeral numbers will increase to 200 people
• Advice to work from home when possible will cease
• The rollout of QR codes will expand (including use in retail)
• General mask use will be encouraged for high-risk and vulnerable people but otherwise it's free choice
In other news, both Western Australia and Queensland announced they would open their borders to SA this week.
The state has recorded a 10th day straight of zero new cases. There are currently no active cases of Covid-19 in SA.
More to come.