Broadsheet Media Pty Ltd
ACN 131 593 201
1. The ‘As Modern As Tomorrow’ photographic competition (The Competition) is an open photography competition organised by Broadsheet Media (Broadsheet).
2. It is open to all Professional and Amateur photographers of any nationality and all ages.
3. Images can be taken using any kind of cameras.
4. Employees of Broadsheet or The State Library of Victoria are not eligible to win this competition.
5. Entry to the Competition is free.
6. Entries must be submitted digitally (scans from film are acceptable) to email@example.com with ‘As Modern As Tomorrow’ in the subject line, or in print form via post. Entries should include the photographer’s name, contact details and the entries will not be returned but will be destroyed after a suitable time.
Opening and Closing Dates
7. The competition is open for entries from 1 July 2011. The closing date is the 6pm 19 August 2011.
8. A panel of judges will assess all entries and a shortlist will be announced following the closing date. All those on the shortlist will be contacted by email and will then have 10-days to supply a high-resolution file. Failure to produce a high-resolution file of the correct size within the designated time period will eliminate an entrant from the shortlist. The organisers cannot be held responsible for emails that do not arrive due to the entrant’s email security settings or restrictions placed by their internet service provider. Entrants, whose images are shortlisted, will be asked to supply an extended caption.
9. First, second and third place prizes will be awarded.
a. First Prize: $2,500 worth of fine art printing at Michael’s Camera Video Digital.
b. Second Prize: $1,500 worth of fine art printing at Michael’s Camera Video Digital.
c. Third Prize: $1,000 worth of fine art printing at Michael’s Camera Video Digital.
10. Prizes are not transferable and no cash equivalent will be available for prizes.
Copyright and Permissions
11. By submitting images to the Competition, each entrant confirms and warrants that:
a. they are the sole author of each entered image and that it is their original work;
b. they own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of each image;
c. they have the permission of anyone pictured in the image (or, where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian) for the usage rights required by Broadsheet and will indemnify Broadsheet against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement;
d. they have not licensed or disposed of any rights in the image that would conflict with uses to be made by Broadsheet; and
e. they have received any necessary permissions from the owner(s) of buildings included in submitted images for the usage rights required by Broadsheet and will indemnify Broadsheet against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement.
12. By entering the competition, you grant Broadsheet and its partners and supporters a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence to reproduce, enlarge, publish or exhibit, on any media, the images for any purpose. This may include, but is not limited to:
a. inclusion in a book showcasing winning images;
b. display at any exhibitions;
c. display on posters and other promotional material to promote the competition or exhibition event;
d. on a secure web browser for judging purposes;
e. on the Broadsheet website and on the websites of sponsors and supporters;
f. for use in promotional material to be distributed to national, regional & specialist press.
13. Entrants retain the copyright to images submitted.
14. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Should the entries in any category fall below the standard required by the competition organisers and the judges, then the organisers reserve the right not to award prizes.
16. Broadsheet bears no responsibility for loss, damage or injury incurred as a result of participation (and / or) involvement in the competition and awards.
17. The information given in these Terms & Conditions is correct, but Broadsheet reserves the right to change any of the above without prior notice. By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. Any breach of these Terms by an entrant will void their entry. If a breach has occurred, but is discovered after the award of a prize, then the organisers may request the return of that prize.
More in Arts & Entertainment
Sigur Ros’s Language Barrier
Cafes Win Australian Interior Design Awards
Turner and the Promised Land
Breathing Life into the Beast
The Rhythm and Soul of One Man, Two Guvnors
Creative Couples: The Contemporary Dancers
Broadsheet Goes Mobile
Art as Empowerment: Direct Democracy at MUMA
A Day in the Life of a Ballerina
Sibling's Sleeping Pods
Design Like you Mean it
Martha Wainwright: Come Home to Mama
Jazz Festival in Full Swing
Nude Dining at Chin Chin for Wall Art
Taking a Ride with Andy Bull
Leaving the City in Stitches
Life’s a Peach
Creating a Modern Craft Legacy with Helen Bird’s Street Food Australia
A Female Matter